To present the gospel to South Asians in and through the UK in as relevant, persuasive and compelling a manner as is humanly possible.
To reach South Asians in and through London by creating a church planting movement: kingdom communities (missional churches) which will embody the gospel in culturally appropriate ways.
To reach South Asians in and through London by creating a church planting movement missiona, incarnational and sacrificial churches to embody the gospel in relevant ways, & developing strategic partnerships in South Asia
Key Terms of Purpose Statement:
” In & Through
” Church: believing, worshipping communities
” Missional churches
” Incarnational churches
” Embody the gospel
” Cultural relevance
” Strategic partnerships
– 2 million South Asians in UK
– 1 million in London
nevertheless, ministry not limited to London, but Britain and South Asia as well
“Through” is manifold:
– Through planting churches in london which will reach their stem communities
– Launching from London to other areas of Britain
– Directly involving America in South Asia with London as the middle ground
– Directly being involved in mission/ministry in South Asia with London as the base
The ultimate goal and purpose is to be part of God’s mission to reach South Asians in and through London.
The central plank of the strategy is to create the KINDS of churches that would be able to reach them, to get a church planting movement going. The reason for placing church planting at the centre of the strategy is the belief that the best method of gospel presentation is through creating kingdom communities in which the gospel is on display, made visible and embodied (or incarnated) in our community life of worship, fellowship and service.
A church planting movement requires training of leaders, evangelists, missionaries and church planters. The training of these is best carried out in the context of actual ministry rather than in classroom settings such as the traditional seminary. Hence, the need for the training component.
To sustain “nationals” and a church planting movement we need to devise alternative methods of support; to generate wealth for the kingdom through “Kingdom Projects”. These also help provide a holistic gospel and are a good model for “being in the world but not of it”.
Finally, we need raise up more missionaries, from both within the U.S. and especially in the UK and in South Asia.
4 Broad Strategies
- Church Planting
- Facilitation & Mobilization
- Kingdom Projects
These strategies are in synergistic relationship in many ways. Often there is not a clear distinction between one and the other.
1. Church Planting
2. Training & Equipping
– Short Term Teams, LEAP
– Apprentice Program
– Intern Program
3. Kingdom Projects
– Worship Music Production
4. Facilitation & Mobilization
– Short Term Teams/LEAP
– Connecting & Sending (direct ministry in S. Asia)
– Networking (CRIBB, SAC, Jewels, SACO …)
We are part of God’s global kingdom initiative, not the originators of it. We therefore seek to be in partnership with his workers. We seek partners who are committed to church planting among in the non Christian communities of South Asia, who have unquestioned integrity, and with whom we can form true partner relationships.
Facilitation & Mobilization
– Working with churches in the US to encourage their vision, ownership, and partnership in mission (STT Ministry, LEAP, Missionary visits to supporting churches, ministries to India)
– Working with nationals in South Asia to recruit, train, place and supervise church planting teams.
– Facilitating the responsible connection of the resources of the western church with the needs and opportunities in South Asia (India-London-USA Connection)
– Networking with churches and organizations in the UK to encourage effective outreach.